I thought I’d post some links to articles I’ve been reading recently that might be of interest. And look at this cool picture I found for you to illustrate the point, you lucky people! Please note: this has nothing to do with the fact I am too braindead to come up with a proper blog post of my own, and everything to do with the fact there’s a lot of interesting stuff kicking about on That Internet right now. You’re welcome.
Five Things For Readers
- Children’s writers respond to bad book reviews – this sits on Monica Edinger’s blog but was the brainchild of Marc Nobleman
- Following a study showing the publishing industry is biased in favour of white writers, Book Riot list 25 Authors of Colour to check out.
- Goosebumps Art to Chill Your Twelve Year Old Heart, at Tor.com
- What Would Yellow Ranger Do? A comic by Shing Yin Kor
- This is from last October but worth a read if you didn’t see it – Lucy Mangan perfectly summing up everything that’s wrong with Bridget Jones
Five Things For Writers
- Joanne Harris collected 10 pieces of advice for writers from other writers
- Chuck Wendig posted on why writing generally takes much longer than you want it to
- Rachel Thompson wrote about why you should stop worrying what other people think and get on with writing
- Lynsey Rogers at the Scottish Book Trust on setting achievable targets (this was a timely reminder for me)
- Addie Zierman on all the things that don’t magically happen just because you’ve signed a book deal
Extra bonus thing
Look, a creature reading! And it’s all furry and cute, even if it is some kind of rodent. I found it on Pinterest, but the source seems to have been a google search – if you are this animal, let me know and I will give you a photo credit.
Leave a Reply