Well, I’m impossibly busy writing book six (by which I mean avoiding writing it), so I simply don’t have the time to read everything on the internet. Last night I watched Danny Dyer’s Deadliest Men instead of typing stuff up. It’s OK though, cause they were in Edinburgh, so it was, like, research, cause this book is Scottish. Plus Irvine Welsh was a talking head, and he’s a Scottish writer.
Anyway, that all smacks of excuse making, so here are some links to look at whilst I catch up with the last 40000 odd words.
- Patrick Ness on winning the Carnegie Medal and why the coalition has got it wrong on libraries. I hadn’t come across him before but his books sound ace so I’ll be rectifying that.
- The 30 harshest Author Insults in history – courtesy of the Scottish Book Trust on FB, who found it through Peggy at the Scottish Poetry Library. Check out H.G. Wells on George Bernard Shaw.
- Edinburgh writer Emily Dodd talks to STV about her first book which is being published next month.
- Brand new publishers Kohl Publishing are looking for people to write features for their website.
- The Katalina Playroom also want people to join The Writers Club Blog to write flash fiction, short stories and poetry.
- I blogged about the perils of the surprise full body massage attack on my personal blog.
Leave a Reply